Sunday, October 11, 2015

Wow, that went fast

Hard to believe the week is over already. Tomorrow it's back to work and back to reality. Friday we were up early to make the drive back to Jackson. This time we took the road closer to the Tetons to get a better view. I'd like to check that area out when I'm not just whizzing by. A return trip out west is a definite must.

The flights were the usual flying nightmare. Delays, bad weather. middle seats, no food, and annoying seatmates. We got in about an hour late and didn't get home until almost 1. Man it felt good to sleep in my bed again!Beth's train didn't leave until 1:30 yesterday, so we made a trip to IKEA and TJ Maxx to find a few things for the house. I dropped her off at the station and then went to see the kids. It was the usual chaos there, but it was good to see them. Followed that up with dinner at the parents' house. It was a perfect New England fall day and it felt nice to be home.

The trip reminded me that I want to see more of this country. I had such a good time exploring the area and talking with the people. It was interesting talking to the other tourists and seeing where they were from and why they were there. And there are so many national parks, each with something special to offer. Yes, I want to get back to Italy some day, but this was a reminder that there's so much of my own country to see. I need to make up a list of places to go and start saving up!

Today will consist of football, cooking, and printing pictures to hang on the walls. I'm glad I had the weekend to ease me back into reality. Thanks for following along on yet another trip. Hopefully it won't be so long before the next posting.
It's good to be home!
Day 7 pictures

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had quite a adventurous and exciting trip out West! Nice to get a little taste of it. There is so much more to see. I was in CO for over a year but was so dirt poor that I couldn't go anywhere but stick close to Steamboat Springs. But you are right, there are those of us who think of traveling abroad all the time but forget that we live in a incredibly diverse country. We would like to drive across the knighted states one summer when the kids are little bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete